Were you drawn by us at a recent event?

Sunday, October 4, 2009

10-4-09 Wedding Party at the Hotel Westin St. Francis, San Francisco hires Bay Area Caricatures




The Bride's parents Caricature was a favorite of all the guests! People with as much character in the face as the older gentlemen are a pleasure to draw.  

I like this sketch as it shows a long, narrow face, VS a square shaped face. Of course, my drawing is an exaggeration of these two.


Being an artist has it's perks. The wait staff really  liked my work. They said they had seen tons of artists in the hotel (the bottom guy here has been at work at the Westin for 24 years!) but they were willing to trade for some art.... They had a specially prepared meal with wine, hot and waiting for me, in exchange for a couple drawings. (They joked that no one else had a meal specially prepared for them.) All in all, a very fun gig!!

2 comments:

Carl Knox said...

this post is one of my favorites!!! they all look super killer dude!!!

Jon Casey said...

thanks carl! I noticed my sketches are a lot better if I warm up before hand. This day I started a Jack Nicholson painting, which is on its way now...