Were you drawn by us at a recent event?

Friday, February 5, 2010

2-4-10, a Bay Area Caricature Artist Conglomerate Party Sketch Power Group!

Local Bay Area Caricature Artist Doug Shannon brought together a group of the Best of the Bay Caricature Artists, and got us working a job in Santa Clara while he took off to Orlando Florida to draw his digital caricature magic at another gig.

We had some time to kill, and partnered up to sketch each other. This is Big Al Lopez sketch of me. Thanks Big Al!

This hilarious sketch of Zach Trenholm was drawn by Marc Schmid.
Here is Zach Trenholm, an artist and illustrator whom I have a lot of respect for.
Marc Schmid, a hilarious guy. My first night working with him, hopefully not my last.
And also, Al Lopez, known as Big Al. Super nice guy who could entertain any group of people.
The first sketches of the night, left Zach Trenholm, and mine on the right.




These last few sketches are examples of my work from the evening. We were such a hit that all four of us were asked to stay an extra hour on top of the 3 we already worked. It is rare these days that I get to work with other artists, and I feel especially lucky to get to work with these three artists, who are all Bay Area Legends.

For anyone looking for total caricature entertainment, I could suggest nothing better than hiring the crew of all four of us. You could entertain an entire West Coast Construction group like the above, and you would get the best live caricature art possible!

No comments: