Were you drawn by us at a recent event?

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Drawing for my Elementary School!







There are a lot of great events I haven't had a chance to post up sketches from in the past couple of weeks, but none as cool as this one. I was invited back to my Elementary School in Ashland, Virginia to give a talk to the kids on being a professional artist. I was a fifth grader there 20 years ago in 1991, and the same fifth grade teacher and Art teacher are still there, as well as my Mom who has taught first-third grade since I was little.
I drew with 4 groups of students, 3-4 classes each through the day. I gave them a short lesson on caricature, and then together we drew the Principle and Vice Principle. The drawings by the kids had a lot of likeness and were so much fun!


Here are my sketches, and then some done by the students: