Were you drawn by us at a recent event?

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Red Truck Wine at Servinos! 7-29-09

This was a really special event for me. Red Truck wines flew in their team from all across the country. They spent a day playing in the city, ending at Servino's Restaurant in Tiburon.
I was contacted a few weeks beforehand, and digitally painted a background for each of the drawings...

For fun, I digitally painted in one of them as an example:

Then each of them had their own turn getting one:



The artist at work:



This job gave me the opportunity to step beyond simple, quick caricatures. There is no end to the amount of creativity that can be employed to make an event more special and unique.

As I was leaving, the owner's of the Restaurant Servino's in Tiburon had me draw them as well :


I got this e-mail the next day:

Hi Jon,
  Thank you so much.  The caricatures were one of the highlights of the week...everyone was talking about them today!
  I know you didn't quite make it through the group but we were all impressed that you did so many and of such great quality in so little time. AND you managed to capture the personalities of the group on paper.  Amazing!
  It was a real pleasure working with you,
  Becky

1 comment:

Carl Knox said...

above and beyond Jon. Great to see that level of creativity being put into your personal touch. I'm sure they appreciated it.

Great caricatures too!