Were you drawn by us at a recent event?

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Montreal, October 17-20


I had the opportunity to visit Montreal this past week. I drew for Symantec, a tech company, and was sent by EventToons.com. I only had 2 full days there, one spent drawing from 8am-5pm, the other spent seeing as much of the city as I could.







Here is a photo showing my setup: For trade shows where you have to travel and carry lots of equipment, it's really important to take up as little space (footprint) as possible. I stood while working, and although it was nice to have this counter to work off of, even a small table would have worked just fine.





I was lucky to know an artist there, Diane LaFlamme. Her and Sebastien showed me around town. We had some great all you can eat sushi, went sightseeing, and had drinks in Crescent Street and in Old Montreal.

Here are a few photos from my sightseeing the following day:

 Old montreal. Lots of brick and cobblestone.

There is an artist there who puts on a light show every night. The low cloud cover made it look like ufo's dancing across the sky. You could see this from any point in the town, and since my hotel was nearby, it was really easy to find my way home.
 Views from the tallest tower in Montreal, built for the Olympic games.




The insectarium. I was blown away by the enormous size of some of these bugs, many bigger than my hand!


And finally, a couple views of the Asian Gardens at the Botanical Garden. I absolutely love the Fall Season, which San Francisco does not have. Montreal felt just like being home on the East Coast.