Were you drawn by us at a recent event?

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Recent Commissions

In between the jobs I do on a weekly basis I often take on commissions to draw anything you can imagine. My biggest job recently was to design and illustrate the website for the Bay Area based company B2Foundry. They recently re-launched the site, with lots of new artwork. 

That was a big project, and a lot of fun. I've also been taking on drawings of family pets, something I never thought could be so fun! I love drawing dogs and trying to capture their quirks and personalities. I do these sketches in 15 minutes or so, the goal is not a polished finished drawing, but a capturing of the personality and likeness in a cartoon style.



I also get asked to design wine labels quite often, this is the 4th or 5th :



 The next one, below, was an usual job. They sent me a photo and asked that I use as few colors as possible. They then embroidered his face onto hats! I thought this turned out well, and is one of the more unusual things I have worked on. (Previous jobs include a drawing sprayed onto a birthday cake, drawing fainting goats, and drawing richard branson jet skiing with a man strapped to his back. People get some crazy ideas!)





If you have any ideas for artwork you would like to see, think beyond caricature! I can draw cartoons or more finished images of anything you have a need for. Contact me at JonCasey@BayAreaCaricatures.com