Were you drawn by us at a recent event?

Sunday, November 15, 2009

11-13-09 First Digital Caricature Job!!! Valley Christian Arts and Crafts Fair, Dublin California


After months of study, much needed help, and investment, I set up my 40" LED TV on its custom fabricated stand, plugged in the cintiq screen tablet, opened Corel Painter, and got to work. As I finished these first test run sketches, I had them wirelessly sent to the printer and the kids waited for their faces to appear. The large screen and technology sent questions flying my way from tech savvy dads, and the kids swarmed around me to watch. The fair ended at 9pm, and a little after 10pm I finished the last few kids who had patiently waited in line.

I look forward to seeing where this new direction takes my event work in the years to come!

I must give special thanks here to Angie Jordan, for her book Byting into Live Digital Caricature, available here. My Setup is of the best available technology connected through means along the lines that Angie outlined in her book. In the book there are gems along the way that allowed me to get all the necessary equipment in advance, set up, and work my first job absolutely flawlessly. Thank you Angie Jordan!

Rhoda Draws also wrote a book, on Corel Painter 11, which was helpful.

Also, I must thank Doug Shannon, And Marion for great work in this medium as well as inspiration and helpful advice.

If you are interested in having live digital caricature artwork at your Trade show, party or event, contact me. Future jobs this Holiday Season include gallery 444 in San Francisco, the MOMA, as well as San Jose Museum of Art.

No comments: