Were you drawn by us at a recent event?

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy New Years!

As a New Year post to share with those of you who frequent my blog, I thought I would share some words and some art from American Cartoonist, Activist, Poet, Sign Painter, Traveler and Folk Singer Woody Guthrie. No caricatures this post, however, I consider Woody Guthrie to be one of the influences in my life and someone who's work I aspire too. He found a way to use cartooning, caricature, and his other gifts to describe the time he lived in and the people he knew. I can only hope my drawings offer a bit of the same.

Happy New Year everyone! Be safe out there, and I'll have lots of new work to share in the coming months!


Work more and better, Love Everybody, Make up your mind, Wake up and fight.


One of Woody's drawings in his numerous sketchbooks kept while traveling.


 This autobiography of Woody Guthrie is one of my favorite novels, and a great companion work to The Grapes of Wrath.


An early painting of mine (2005), titled "Woody Guthrie's Library"